What does the whole armour of God look like? Maybe it could look like this from the head down.
Mind and Mouth – PRAYING ALWAYS
Eyes – WATCHING WITH PERSEVERANCE
Head – Helmet of SALVATION
Chest – Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS
Loins – Girt with TRUTH
Whole Body – Shield of FAITH
Whole Body – Sword of the Spirit which is the WORD OF GOD
Feet – Shod with the preparation of the GOSPEL OF PEACE
So… according to God’s word, my interpretation is that we are to:
- PRAY ALWAYS
- BE ALERT AND PERSEVERE (watchful of the enemy attacking us with sin, doubt, fear and lies)
- REMEMBER OUR SALVATION (which is secure only because of Jesus not by ourselves)
- LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY
- LIVE TRUTHFULLY
- HAVE FAITH (and continue to in times of battle)
- KNOW THE WORD OF GOD (not just read it, but memorise it and know it so that like a sword it can defend us from the enemies blows)
- LIVE PEACEFULLY WITH LOVE (so that our foundation is sure and we are solidly grounded)
I have much to do and learn and this is what I would like to achieve every day!
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”(Ephesians 6:13-20)